Avira Free Antivirus is a software that provides protection from viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, adware, and various other types of malware. This antivirus has fully functional real-time malware detection, privacy tools, safety ratings and certainly one of the best free antivirus programs. Its scanner can cover the entire hard disk or only removable drives, the Windows system directory, personal documents, active processes, rootkit and active malware infections, or any custom-defined locations.
Avira Free Antivirus little more conventional in its layout, using the list of menu options on the left side, with context-based settings window in the main part of the screen controls. A notifications can be hidden and scans may run silently in the background, Avira is capable of becoming non-intrusive. It leaves a small footprint on system resources and has demonstrated very good scan speeds and virus detection ratio.
List of Contents:
- Detects and removes more than 500,000 types of viruses.
- Virus Guard serves to monitor file movements automatically, eg downloading of data from the internet.
- Scanning and repair of macro viruses.
- AntiVir protection against viruses, worms and Trojans.
- Rootkit protection against hidden rootkits.
- AntiPhishing protection against phishing sites.
- AntiSpyware protection against spyware and adware.
- Protection against viruses previously unknown boot record viruses and master boot record.
|Antivirus:||Avira Free Antivirus|
|Requirements:||Support Windows 7-SP1 or Higher|
Avira Free Antivirus is available to download for Windows Windows 7-SP1 or Higher. Get Best Basic PC Protection.
Avira Free Antivirus seems to be the right choice for many users who are searching for an anti-malware solution with very good performance results and regular software and virus definition updates, just to be sure infections stay away from their precious data. With a good score of AV-Test, a good range of facilities free of charge and well-designed interface that is easy to use and straight, this Antivirus can be a great choice for protecting PCs.