advdownload.com – USB Flash Drive can be an Alternative Choice for Windows installation that normally uses DVD in Computer and Laptop, not only that, even memory card or other external device can also be used. There are many software programs that can help to perform this task easily, one of them is Rufus. This is a very lightweight application, with a tiny size that can transfer Windows Setup from ISO file and make external device bootable, so we can use it later as a normally using DVD.
How to Install Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, from USB Flash Drive with Rufus
To install windows from USB Flash Drive with Rufus:
- Prepare the Windows ISO File.
- Prepare USB Flash Drive that has a capacity of at least 4 GB, 8 GB recommendation to be used for Windows All-In-One 32 and 64-bit supported.
- It is important to save important files from USB Flash Drive to another place, as this will be formatted and emptied.
- Transfer the ISO file into USB Flash Drive and then continue next as described in Windows installation below.
Note: If the file is still in Windows DVD form, it is recommended to transfer it using another program such as WinToFlash, which supports DVD and ISO simultaneously, or you can use BurnAware to convert or similar software.
Transfer ISO file to USB Flash Drive
To transfer ISO files into USB Flash Drive:
- Download Rufus, a free software designed to format and create external devices such as flash or memory cards to be bootable, so it can be used as normally using DVDs. This program automatically extract ISO file and transfer into USB Flash Drive so it can be used to install Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
- Run the Rufus program.
- Plug-in USB Flash Drive to your computer or Laptop.
- Click “Device” and select the location of USB Flash Drive to be transferred with ISO file, but if already Plugged-in, it usually detected automatically.
- Let’s Partition scheme and target system type, File system, Cluster size, and New Volume Label. This is a default setting for most home PCs. Experienced users can customize it for first Booting. If there is an error during installation, try changing the “Partition scheme and target system type” section.
- Under “Format Options”, there are several settings options, but we can leave it as “default”.
- In the “Create a bootable disk using” section choose “ISO Image” and then Click CD/DVD icon to select the ISO File. It may take a while for Rufus to check the selected ISO.
- Click “Start” to begin formatting and transfer all contents of ISO file into USB Flash Drive. Click “OK” if Warning appears.
Note: Wait for a few minutes until the process is complete until the “DONE” notification or Back to “READY” appears. This depends on PC speed, it usually take 10-15 minutes, after that we can close Rufus. Now we can directly use the USB Flash Drive with Windows Setup.
To Continue installing windows on your computer and laptop perfectly follow the instructions below:
INSTALL WINDOWS 7
Windows 7 is an Operating System that supports multi-touch on the screen, redesigning the taskbar now known as Superbar, a home network system called HomeGroup, and improved performance. This system is more focused on the basic development of Windows, with the aim to be more compatible with various types of programs and compatible with PC hardware.
INSTALL WINDOWS 8
Windows 8 is an operating system with an altered user interface that can be used on touchscreen devices other than the mouse and keyboard. This system is designed to be used on touch tablet devices. Windows 8 is the name of one version of the operating system that uses an ARM microprocessor in addition to traditional x86 microprocessors made by Intel and AMD.
INSTALL WINDOWS 10
Windows 10 is a System created with the purpose of addressing the flaws in the first user interface introduced by Windows 8. It is a popular operating system and competes in its use with windows 7. By adding additional mechanics designed to enhance the experience on devices with no screens touch.