advdownload.com – How To Know A Processor Type 32-bit or 64-bit. Something that is difficult if you want to see the ability of the CPU (Central Processing Unit) or the processor used without the help of software. There are two common types used on most computers and laptops that are 32-bit and 64-bit. Check out the article below to know more.
CPU TYPE AND WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM
There is a need to know that the CPU Type and Windows Operating System are 2 different things, but a unity that is related. The 64-bit Processor type can be used to install 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows operating system, while the 32-bit Processor Type can only be used to install 32-bit windows OS, and can not install 64-bit windows.
64-bit processor has faster processing capability in doing its job. This type is available with dual core, quad core, six core, and eight core capabilities. That way this type can calculate faster for the software that is running. This processor also has the ability to support a much higher memory that is more than 4 GB. However, if only for home-based then 32-bit Processor is already good and many are using it.
Processor Type 32-bit or 64-bit
To find out the type of 32-bit or 64-bit Processor:
- Download Securable.
- Run the Software, and instant information will appear.
32-bit or 64-bit Windows Operating System
To find out the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the windows operating system, perform the following steps:
- Click Start or Windows Icons.
- Right-click Computer Icon or “My Computer”, then Select Properties.
- In the Information System, there is a “System type”, there you can see a version of windows operating system that is being used whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit.
Alternative way to find out the version of the Windows operating system:
- Click Start or “Windows Icon”
- Click All Programs
- Click Accessories
- Click System Tools
- Click System Information.
- In System Information, Info on the right, see “System Type”. The value is the type of windows system that is being used. If the value is “x86”, it means 32-bit, whereas if the value is “x64”, it means 64-bit.